Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day/WIWT

Valentine's Day has got to be one of my favorite holidays, regardless if I have a valentine or not. I love all the pink and heart shapes everywhere. Heart bowls, heart cups, heart decorations, heart nail polish... I love it all! Speaking of heart nails... I did end up doing my V-Day mani but I hated it! This is the only picture that I have:
I didn't like the colors, I filed/painted them while watching the grammys so they're a bit crooked and messed up. I also woke up the next morning and they were smudged!

Read on to see the most vital part of my new projects!



My boyfriend gave my my present the night before... I was so excited! I have a habit of ruining surprises because I'm so impatient. I had planned on buying one for myself but he told me not to!
It's a Singer Simple 2263! I'm super stoked on learning to use it~

I did a lot of running around on V-Day. I worked in the morning, and as soon as I left I went to the bookstore and bought some sewing books!
There were so many books to choose from! I chose these two because they're chock full of pictures and I'm a very visual/hands-on learner. I've been watching youtube videos nonstop and I have so many ideas marinating!

I spent the rest of the day with my friend Vanessa. Her and her mother sew so she took me to a few fabric places and I bought some stuff like pins, tape measure, etc. We did a lil' grocery shopping and went to her house to she could cook dinner! I helped her bake some cookies and cupcakes. I didn't get any pictures of the food, but she did send Matt and I home with some goodies!
Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese filling!

Anyways, onto the outfit!

Beret: Ebay
Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Buffalo Exchange
Shoes: Forever 21

I got so many compliments from customers when I was at work! It made me feel cute~

Almost forgot to get a picture of my earrings (Forever 21)!

I also forgot to mention I treated myself a lil' bit of jewelry!

No comments:

Post a Comment