Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tattoos & WIWT 2/21/12!

So much has happened these past few days, I'm swamped! My friends moved into their new apartment, I have my first test coming up that I'm horribly unprepared for, I need to draw and also do some art things that I want to keep "under wraps" until I'm done, my tax return money is taking it's sweet time to get to me...

Let's get the expected out of the way first!



Go behind the cut to see WIWT, new tattoos, and a beautiful bold nail polish!
 

Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Thrift store
Shoes: Lolita Baby Angel


My friend Chelo took advantage of American Apparel's 3 for $15 nail polish deal and bought herself some new nail polishes! She bought this beautifully bold Big Bird yellow and I had to try it! I applied 3 coats with Sally Hansen's "Diamonds" on top, and Hard Candy's matte top coat on top of that! The sparkle was very hard to photograph, but if you look really closely you can see it.



 She also bought this lil' pack of paper props on sale at Urban Outfitters. It's full of pointless stuff like hats, glasses, drinks, etc. but it came with a cute frame to pose with! Hopefully later this week we can put it to use!




Today I went with Chelo to Mr. Lucky's, which is a tattoo shop! I had never been there before, but I'm pretty sure I've heard the name a couple of times. The shop was a lot bigger inside than I thought it was going to be! From my experience, I've been to shops that were a lil' bit tight so this was pretty cool. They had every inch of the walls covered in traditional art, which was really inspiring to me because my next tattoo is going to be traditional! The restroom was really cool too, the "stall" had swinging doors (like in cliche Western saloons) and in the next stall was a skeleton sitting on the other toilet. The walls were covered with what looked like art flyers made for the shop when they went out of town or had to close early.
Anyways! My girl went in to get her first of definitely many Morrissey tattoos.
 (Courtesy of Weldon)
The tattoo looks so good! After seeing him draw out the tattoo, I would have never thought that it would come out this colorful and bright!
Some of the nicest people work in tattoo shops, I find it a really fun/interesting environment to be around. A little piece of me wants to be a tattoo artist but I don't think I could ever do it!


I'm crossing my fingers that my tax return money will come in soon, then my next blog post can be about my new tattoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment